If you’re like us, you love harvesting food from your own garden. This recipe for Alder planked squash is a perfect way to serve all that squash you harvested back in the fall. It’s wonderful as a side dish, or on its own.
Servings: 6 (as a side dish)
- 5x11” Alder Plank
- 1 small Winter Squash of your choosing (orange meat center)
- 3 Tbsp. Butter – room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw Cashews
Winter squash is harvested in
the fall and stored through the
winter. Store at 50°F in a dry
and dark spot.
- Soak alder plank in water for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Cut squash in vertical sections along the ribs (3/4” thick) – seeds removed.
- Place sliced squash crescents on plank and dab top sides of squash with butter.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle cinnamon.
- Place loaded plank on grill and shut lid. Approximately 30 minutes cooking time.
- Last 15 minutes, add cashews to planked squash.
- Have spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Grill until tender.
- Enjoy with or without the outer peel!