Whether you are hosting a party, or having a family dinner, these Cedar planked cheesy potatoes are a hit with just about anyone. The cheese really picks up the smoky Cedar flavor, and because they are on the plank and not on the direct flame, the potatoes stay nice and soft – after all, we’re not making chips! (At least not this time…)
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 as a side
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 2 Russet Potatoes
- 4 Tbs. Butter, melted
- 1 Clove of Garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
To make sure the
potatoes are soft,
you can also
before placing them
on the plank.
- Soak Cedar Plank in water for 1 hour, keeping it immersed.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Slice potatoes into thin rounds. Use a mandolin if available.
- Toss potatoes with butter and garlic.
- Place potatoes on plank and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Put loaded plank on the grill, close lid and grill for 20-25 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked and browned.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.