This recipe for Cedar planked cherry tomatoes with olive oil and herbs is one of my favorite recipes we’ve done. It not only has a beautiful presentation, it also just plain tastes delicious! We decided to serve them with baguette (tossed on the grill for a couple minutes for those beautiful grill marks and extra crispy-ness) and ricotta cheese.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 2 pints Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs. Fresh Herbs, chopped (I like thyme, chives and basil)
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
- Toasted Baguette
- Herbed Ricotta
It is important to pre-grill
your plank so that it starts
to cup. This little trick helps
keep those round tomatoes
from rolling off the plank.
- Soak Cedar Plank in water for 1 hour, keeping it immersed.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Toss tomatoes with remaining ingredients.
- Place wet plank on grill, close lid and heat for 5 minutes. The plank will start to cup.
- Flip plank over and carefully add tomatoes.
- Close lid and grill for 15 minutes.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve with toasted bread and an herbed ricotta cheese.