Pineapple is a delicious, sweet fruit packed with vitamins. It’s great year-round – in the winter months, it gives a much needed Vitamin C boost, while it is nice and refreshing in the heat of summer. It was a no-brainer to plank it, and I must say, it is one of our all-time favorite planking recipes. There is something magical about the combination of sweet, sour and smoky.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5x11” Cedar Plank
- 1 Pineapple, cored and cut into spears
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Honey, warm
Pineapples do not continue
to ripen after being picked.
Choose a pineapple that
has a sweet smell.
- Soak Cedar Plank in water for 1 hour, keeping it immersed.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place pineapple spears on plank.
- Drizzle honey and butter over pineapple.
- Place loaded plank on grill and close lid.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill when lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!