What’s better than fresh mountain air, blue skies and an abundance of wildlife running about? A magnificent grilled cheesy brat. When out in the wilderness food is usually chosen by how easy it is to pack along. Minimal effort, maximum flavor.
Best consumed at the top of some giant peek in the middle of nowhere.
- Become so lost in the mountains you consider eating your own foot.
- Remember you brought grilling wraps, brats and bell peppers.
- Build small fire, wait till you have a bed of coals.
- Slice bell peppers.
- Use last of your water supply to soak grilling wraps.
- Place brats and bell peppers in wraps, secure with string.
- Put wrap in the bed of coals for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from flames, build your brat dog complete with brat and peppers.
- Go get lost some more.
Everyone knows food tastes better when it’s enjoyed with a view.
Evan here! Born and raised in Sandpoint, Idaho. Join me on my journey, spatula in hand, grilling wraps in the other as I discover the tastier side of the grill.