It’s easy to mess up chicken – the meat dries out very easily if you’re not careful. But using the Cherry grilling plank, you’re able to keep the meat moist and juicy while also infusing it with a hint of sweetness and smokey flavor. For a fun twist on a classic BBQ dish, try out these Cherry planked BBQ chicken thighs.
- 5 x 11” Cherry Plank
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 5 Tbsp. BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 4 Lemon Wedges
Cherry smoke is
sweet and fruity
and pairs well
- Soak Cherry plank in water for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Mix together BBQ Sauce, vinegar, lemon juice and honey.
- Place chicken thighs on plank, brush with sauce.
- Place loaded plank on grill and close the lid.
- Grill planked chicken until thoroughly cooked and the skin is crispy. (Internal temperature of 165°F)
- Have spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve planked chicken with lemon wedges.