If you’re looking for a quick appetizer that’s sure to impress, look no further. These cranberry crab cakes are cooked on an Alder plank to infuse delicious smoky flavor. The best part: They can be made on the grill or in the oven.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 Crab Cakes
- 2 Wildwood Grilling 5x11″ Alder Planks
- ¼ cup Bell Pepper, seeded & diced
- ⅓ cup Onion, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh Garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted Butter
- ½ lb. Crab Meat, cooked & drained
- ½ cup fresh Cranberries, washed & diced
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tbsp. Oil
- ⅔ cup Bread Crumbs
Use an ice cream
scoop to measure
the crab cakes evenly.
- Soak the Alder planks in warm water for 15 minutes.
- In a small pan, melt butter, and sauté pepper, onion and garlic until tender, then cool.
- Mix sautéed vegetables with crab meat, cranberries, old bay, egg, oil, and bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Form into 12 even balls.
- Broil on Alder planks until brown, six crab cakes per plank, then flip and broil on the other side – usually about 10 minutes total.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve warm with tartar sauce, dip, or lemon wedges.