Grilled lamb chops are a favorite among grillmasters everywhere, but adding lots of flavor while keeping the meat moist can be a challenge. You can accomplish both of those things in one simple step: cook the chops on a Hickory plank. The smoke flavor is strong and bold, which is perfect for lamb.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Wildwood Grilling 5x11″ Hickory Plank
- 4-6 Lamb Chops
- 1 Clove Garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Whole Grain Mustard
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
This recipe goes well with
plank grilled seasonal
vegetables and pilaf rice.
A nice red wine is a perfect
topper to the meal.
- Soak Hickory plank in warm water for 20 minutes to an hour, keeping it immersed.
- Preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
- Place all of the ingredients (except for the plank and lamb chops) into a Cuisinart or blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread 1/2 to 1 tsp. of the mustard mint sauce onto each lamb chop.
- Grill 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Place a dollop of sauce on the top of each lamb chop and serve.