Total Time: Brine 8 hours, cook 3 hours
- 4 5”x 11” Hickory Planks
- For the Brine
1 10-12lb Turkey
2 quarts water
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Kosher Salt
2 Sprig fresh Rosemary
2 Sprig fresh Thyme
For the Turkey
2 tbs Kosher salt
- 2 tbs Black Pepper
- Heat 1 quart of water, remove from the heat and add the salt, sugar and herbs. Stir to dissolve. Add the remaining quart of cold water.
- Remove the giblets from the turkey and submerge in the brine. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Soak planks in water for up to 1 hour and preheat grill to 350°F.
- Remove the turkey from the brine and pat dry, rub butter all over the bird and season with salt and pepper.
- Set the planks on the grill and place the turkey on top. Close the lid and cook for 3 hrs or to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Occasionally baste with melted butter for more color. Let rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy!