Potatoes are a classic side dish – especially here in Idaho, the “potato state.” Naturally, we had to try planking our beloved and official state vegetable. For this recipe, we used fingerling potatoes with lots of fresh herbs and olive oil.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 5 x 11” Maple Plank
- 2 pints Fingerling Potatoes
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Sage, chopped
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
Good to Know
Make sure the potatoes
are all about the same
size so they cook evenly.
Cut them if needed.
- Soak Maple Plank in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes with remaining ingredients.
- Place wet plank on grill, close lid and heat for 5 minutes. The plank will start to cup.
- Flip plank over and carefully add potatoes.
- Close lid and grill for 20 minutes, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.