If you’re looking for a great appetizer to include at your next get-together, these Maple Planked Mixed Olives may just be your answer! The slightly sweet smoke from the Maple plank infuses the olives with a beautiful subtle flavor.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 x 11” Maple Plank
- 1 pint Mixed Olives
- ½ Orange, zested and juiced
- 1 clove of Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbs. Olive Oil
Warming olives enhances
the flavor and provides a
nice contrast to cold cuts
- Soak Maple Plank in water for 1 hour, keeping it immersed.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Toss olives with remaining ingredients.
- Place wet plank on grill, close lid and heat for 5 minutes. The plank will start to cup.
- Flip plank over and carefully add olives.
- Close lid and grill for 15 minutes.
- Keep spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve warm and enjoy!