Pork chops are a very versatile food item. Whether you like them slightly sour, like this Maple planked recipe with apple cider and sage, or if you prefer them sweet, planked on Cherry and prepared with maple syrup, cherries and onions – they’re a great go-to recipe for any day of the week.
- 5 x 11” Maple Plank
- 2 Pork Chops, bone in
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1¼ cup Apple Cider (of which one cup for soaking)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Fresh Sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Apple, sliced
Adding apple cider
to the plank soaking
liquid enhances the flavor.
- Soak maple plank in water for 1 hour. (Tip: add 1 cup apple cider to soaking liquid.)
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Bring vinegar, cider, honey, butter, and olive oil to a simmer in a small sauce pan. Reduce by half.
- Brush reduced sauce on pork chops, then salt and pepper to taste. Add sliced apple and sage on chops.
- Place loaded plank on grill and close the lid.
- Grill planked pork until thoroughly cooked and the skin is crispy. (Internal temperature of 160°F)
- Have spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve and enjoy!