Don’t forget that everyone at the table wil want some gravy. after you have smoked gravy you’ll never go back to anything else ever.
Total Time: 15 minutes
2 quarts Chicken Broth
1 Sprig fresh Rosemary
2 Sprigs fresh Thyme
1/2 cup flour
8oz Maple smoked Butter(see previous recipe)
This gravy can be used for multiple applications where a hint of smoke is desired.
- Place the stock in a heatproof container and add the herbs. Set on the grill with the turkey.
- Use the top shelf if available and smoke for 30 minutes with the lid closed. The smoke from the Hickory planks under the Turkey will help flavor the stock.
- Remove the stock from the grill and strain.
- Add the butter and flour to a pot and cook on the stove over a medium low heat for 10 minutes stirring often.
- Increase the heat to medium and quickly whisk in the stock until thickened.
- Serve generously with the Hickory Planked Turkey.