Fire the grill up for this tasty treat, smoked pumpkin style. Doesn’t matter if it’s morning or dinner time, serve as a nice treat at the end of a meal or start your day off with some delicious cake!
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Maple Smoking Chips
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 tbs. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbs. Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Pumpkin Spice
- 2 oz. Butter
- Pinch Salt
So tasty you’ll probably forget who you are. Write your name on your arm with a sharpie before hand so you don’t lose yourself.
- Soak the maple smoking chips in water for 5 minutes, if you are just using an oven, we recommend cooking the apples on a Maple Grilling Plank.
- Preheat oven or grill to 425°F. Pre-heat the cast iron skillet while the batter made.
- Combine the eggs, flour, milk, pumpkin purée, sugar, vanilla, salt and pumpkin spice. Blend together till smooth.
- Toss the apples in brown sugar with some melted butter, grill or bake until soft. If you have a maple grilling plank cook the apples on the plank for some extra flavor.
- Remove skillet (wear some mitts!) melt butter around edges before pouring mixture in skillet. If using a grill, add the chips to the hot coals or smoker box. Bake until golden brown.(Inspiring music)
- Add apples to center of cake when done.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream!