Fire the grill up for this tasty treat, smoked pumpkin style. Doesn’t matter if it’s morning or dinner time, serve as a nice treat at the end of a meal or start your day off with some delicious cake!
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Maple Smoking Chips
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Whole Milk
- 1/4 c. Pumpkin Purée
- Vanilla Extract
- Brown Sugar
- Pumpkin Spice
So tasty you’ll probably forget who you are. Write your name on your arm with a sharpie before hand so you don’t lose yourself.
- Soak the maple smoking chips in water for 5 minutes. (bonus points if you plank the apples)
- Preheat oven or grill to 425°F. Place cast iron skillet on grill to heat up while batter is created.
- Combine the eggs, flour, milk, pumpkin purée, sugar, vanilla, salt and pumpkin spice. Blend together till smooth.
- Grill apples until soft bush lightly with brown sugar and melted butter, on planks for added flavor!
- Remove skillet (wear some mitts!) melt butter around edges before pouring mixture in skillet. Bake until golden brown.(Inspiring music)
- Add apples to center of cake when done.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream!