Salmon is the classic pairing for a Cedar plank. But did you know that you can actually make this tasty, smoky dish in the comfort of your own kitchen? For this recipe, we decided to make the Cedar planked salmon in the oven and add a deliciously sweet and savory garlic honey butter to complement the fragrant notes of Cedar.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Wildwood Grilling 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 3 (6 ounce) Salmon Fillets
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 Lemon, sliced
This recipe can be
altered to be prepared
on a grill or smoker.
- Soak Cedar plank in warm water for 20 minutes to 1 hour, making sure it is submerged.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in saucepan on stove and add minced garlic and honey. Stir until garlic has cooked through (approximately 3-4 minutes). Set aside.
- Place salmon fillets on soaked plank, brush with honey garlic butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and half of the finely chopped parsley.
- Bake planked salmon for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle planked salmon with remaining parsley and lemon wedges.