Here in North Idaho where we produce all of our planks, we love exploring the beauty of our surroundings. With that come fun activities, such as hiking, biking and the occasional foraging trip. For this recipe, we went deep into the woods of North Idaho to find fresh, delicious morels. And what better way to cook these tasty mushrooms than smoked on wood from the same area? The Cedar plank is made of Western Red Cedar, which only grows in this region of the country.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 square Cedar Grilling Planks
- Pizza Dough
- Mozzarella Cheese, fresh
- Asparagus, thinly sliced
- Morels, quartered lengthwise
- Shallots, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Try different flavor combinations
for each pizza by using different
types of cheeses and toppings.
- Soak Cedar Planks in water for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces and form/roll into 7″ diameter crusts.
- Brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Add dough to preheated grill and cook for a couple minutes (until you can easily remove it from the grate). Turn over and repeat.
- Remove from grill and place crusts on planks.
- Add mozzarella cheese, morels, asparagus and shallots to pizza. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add planks to preheated grill and cook with the lid closed for 10-15 minutes, or until dough is fully cooked.
- Remove from grill.