Red Oak planks and jalapeño stuffed burgers go together like pinballs and wizards. Maple planks and jalapeño stuffed burgers go together like Black and Sabbath. Hickory planks and jalapeño stuffed burgers go together like Hall & Oats. What I’m trying to say is there is more than one way to plank a perfect jalapeño stuffed burger. While we have the same burger being cooked, any of these planks will give you the upper hand for total flavor domination!
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Red Oak or Maple or Hickory Grilling Planks (or a mix!)
- 2 lb. Ground Beef
- Fresh Jalapeño
- 1 Garlic Clove
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- lettuce and Tomatoes recommended, not required
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- Seasoning (Chef’s choice)
To get your burgers noticed at the BBQ,
try knocking over your rival’s grill.
Pretend you tripped on their spatula.
Make outlandish accusations about the dangerous grilling environment they created.
- Soak the Grilling Planks in water for 20 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat grill or oven to 350°F.
- Chop jalapeños, onions and garlic into tiny slices. Mix in with ground beef.
- Season with salt and pepper and seasoning of your choice .
- Make into 1/4 lb. patties. Place on plank of your choosing. (I did all three)
- Place on preheated grill. Add cheese last minute. Keep spray bottle handy.
- Rub in your opponents face how much everyone loved your burgers more.
- Revel in you victory.
Evan here! Born and raised in Sandpoint, Idaho. Join me on my journey, spatula in hand, grilling planks in the other as I discover the tastier side of the grill. I once was told that “If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen.” Well luckily for me, I was grilling by a lake to cool off in.