Pears filled with a dried fruit compote, plank smoked on wild red oak and flambéed with the bourbon of your choice. This delicious dessert is easy to prepare, but has a dramatic presentation.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 5″ x 11” Cedar plank
- 2 Pears
- 1.5 cups Dried Fruit
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Bourbon
Before adding the filling to the pears take a small slice out of the underside of each half to allow for more stability on the plank.
1. Soak the plank in warm water for 15 minutes and heat the grill or oven to 450°F.
2. Add a 1/4 cup water to a pan with the sugar, fruit and vanilla, cook on medium for 10 minutes until thickened. Add the bourbon and ignite, when the flames dissapate set aside.
4. Cut the pears in half and core with a spoon or melon baller.
5. Fill each cavity with the filling and set on the plank, place on the grill and close the lid.
6. Cook for 15 minutes or until pears are tender.
7. To serve, add some bourbon to a spray bottle, mist the pears and ignite, top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.