Sweet potatoes are like the cool older brother to regular potatoes. Whether they’re used for sweet potato fries, Thanksgiving sweet potato boats or delicious purees, they’re versatile and flavorful. For this recipe, we decided to cook the sweet potato wedges on a Red Oak grilling plank, which not only protects them from the direct flames, but also infuses a delicious smoky flavor.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4 as a side
- 2 Red Oak Grilling Planks
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Chives, chopped
- Fresh Thyme, chopped
Serve sweet potatoes
with your favorite dips
for an appetizer, or serve
as a side for a main dish.
- Soak Red Oak plank in warm water for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Wash potatoes and slice into wedges, lengthwise.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, chives and thyme.
- Add to plank and place plank on preheated grill.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- When done, remove from grill and serve immediately with lemon.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.