Planked burgers is a staff favorite in our office. To add even more of a special touch to this recipe, we used bison instead of beef.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 5 x 11” Red Oak Plank
- 1 lb. Ground Bison
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced
- Salt & Pepper
**Your choice of buns, pickles, and condiments
Red Oak has a sweet,
nutty flavor and pair
nicely with beef. This
is a staff favorite!
- Soak Red Oak Plank in water for 1 hour, keeping it immersed.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Form 4 patties. Place 4 slices of onion on plank, then put bison patties atop the onion.
- Liberally sprinkle patties with salt & pepper. Place loaded plank on grill and close lid.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Grill until thoroughly cooked and carefully remove from grill.
- Serve with your favorite condiments.