Ribs are a must-have at any summertime BBQ. But getting that perfect blend of smoky flavor and juicy ribs can be difficult. For this recipe, we decided to do a sweet smoke flavor with Apple smoking chips and also mixing apple juice into the BBQ sauce for a delicious flavor combination.
Total Time: 3 hours
- 2-3 handfuls Apple Smoking Chips
- 2 Racks Baby Back Ribs
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups Apple Juice
- 4 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Soak Apple smoking chips in warm water and 1 cup apple juice for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 250°F, leaving one side as indirect heat. Add smoking chips and let smolder.
- Remove membrane from ribs. Rub ribs with brown sugar, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Add ribs to grill over indirect heat.
- Cook for 1 hour and flip ribs. Cook an additional hour.
- Mix BBQ sauce and remaining apple juice.
- Brush BBQ sauce mixture over ribs. Close lid and cook for another 20 minutes. Then, flip ribs and brush with BBQ sauce. Cook another 20 minutes.
- For the last 10 minutes, cook ribs over direct heat.
- When done, remove from grill and serve with extra BBQ sauce.