Total Time: 3 hours
- 3-4 handfuls Mesquite Smoking Chips
- 1.5 – 2 lbs. Flank Steak
- 1 cup Red Wine (We like the 2015 Troon Malbec)
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Caprese Salad
- 2 cups Red Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups Yellow Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh Mozzarella Cheese, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Basil Leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Add a little bit of wine to
the caprese salad for
an extra boost of flavor.
- Soak the Mesquite smoking chips in warm water for 15-20 minutes.
- Place flank steak in shallow dish. Rub with salt, pepper, garlic and add wine. Let it soak in the wine sauce for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat charcoal grill to 350°F.
- Add smoking chips to preheated grill.
- Place flank steak directly on grill over indirect heat.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
- Combine caprese salad ingredients in bowl.
- When done, remove steak from grill and top with caprese salad.
- Enjoy with your favorite glass of wine!