Mojitos are fairly simple to make with just a few ingredients. We decided to take it up a notch and make a smoked mojito. To get that smoky flavor at home, we used a Cedar grilling plank and a torch.
Smoked Mojito Ingredients
- Chilled glass (put it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes — this will help the smoke settle at the bottom of the glass)
- 12 Mint Leaves, fresh
- Juice from 1/2 Lime, fresh
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- Crushed Ice
- 2 Tbsp. Club soda
- 1/4 cup White Rum
- Cedar Grilling Plank
How to Smoke a Cocktail
- Place your plank on a heat-resistant surface (we use a metal cookie sheet).
- Use the torch to burn a small area of the plank (approximately 1-2 inches). Place chilled glass over burned area to collect smoke. Leave the glass there for a couple minutes.
- Add mint leaves, sugar and lime juice. Stir.
- Add white rum, club soda and crushed ice.
- Add more mint leaves for garnish.