Morel season is short, and these wild mushrooms can be hard to come by. If you can’t find morels, any type of mushroom will be delicious in this recipe.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 Alder Grilling Planks
- 1 lb. Morel Mushrooms
- 1 head Garlic
- 1 small bunch Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Pepper
If you’re cooking over an open fire, cover your planks while the mushrooms cook to get even more wood flavor. A skillet or Dutch oven turned upside down makes a great lid. If you are using a grill, just keep the lid closed.
- Light a fire in advance, allowing the flames to die down and the coals to develop.
- Soak the planks in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Cut morels in half lengthwise and brush away any debris.
- Break the garlic into cloves. Peel and use the back of a knife to gently smash each clove.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Lay the mushrooms on the planks and set to cook over the fire. If you have a lid, cover the plank and cook for 15 minutes. Add 5 minutes to the cooking time if you’re unable to cover your plank. The dish is ready when the garlic has softened.
- Serve immediately.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.