We’re always looking for new ways to plank fruit, and this pear recipe is already one of our favorites. The white sharp cheddar and pecans nicely complement the smokey and subtle flavor from the Alder. This is a great recipe for a healthy and easy dessert.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 5×11” Alder Plank
- 2 Pears, cored and cut into quarters
- ¼ cup of Pecans
- ¼ cup of Sharp White Cedar, shaved
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Honey, warm
- A pinch of Salt
Bosc, Anjou and Bartlett
all work well for this recipe.
- Soak Alder Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place pears on plank, garnish with nuts and cheese.
- Drizzle honey and butter over pears, sprinkle with salt.
- Place loaded plank on grill and close lid.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill when pear skin begins to crinkle and is lightly browned.
- Serve and enjoy!