The classic Pacific Northwest favorite for planking is the Cedar planked salmon, but there are also other wood flavors that pair well with this delicious fish. Alder wood offers a more subtle flavor, while still providing plenty of smoke to this meal.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 x 11” Alder Plank
- 1 (2-pounds) Salmon Fillet, with skin
- 1 Lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch Fresh Dill, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
Good to Know
Alder also pairs well with
halibut and other white fish,
seafood, vegetables and fruit.
- Soak Alder Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place salmon on plank, skin side down; sprinkle salt and pepper, arrange the lemon over the salmon then scatter with fresh dill.
- Grill with the lid closed for 12-15 minutes.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Remove from grill and let stand for 5 minutes.