For these Alder planked scallops, we decided to go with a simple, yet delicious recipe. Piccata is traditionally a method used with veal or chicken, but combined with the subtle flavor of the Alder wood, it adds a beautiful flavor combination to the scallops.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 5 x 8” Alder Plank
- 6 Scallops
- 6 round Lemon Slices
- 1 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp White Wine
- 3 Tbsp chopped Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 2 tsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
Picatta originated in
Italy and is traditionally
served with veal or chicken.
- Soak Alder Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Sauté garlic and capers in butter. Deglaze pan with wine.
- Place lemon slices on plank, set scallops on top of lemon slices. Spoon garlic and capers on scallops. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place loaded plank on grill and shut the lid. Grill until done – about 12 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Drizzle with oil and garnish with parsley.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve and enjoy!