Cooking white fish can be a hassle, as it’s very easy to dry out this delicate protein. That’s why we decided to cook this recipe with Alder grilling wraps. The Alder wraps not only infuse a delicate smoke flavor, but they also keep all the delicious oils and juices inside the wrap, keeping the fish moist and juicy. Bonus: You can make this recipe on the grill or in the oven!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 Alder Grilling Wraps
- 2 Tbsp. Oil for carrot + 1 Tbsp. for cod
- 1 cup Carrot, peeled and grated
- ½ cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 lb. Cod Fillet
- ¼ cup fresh Parsley, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges for serving
If preparing this dish
in the oven, place wraps
on the middle rack and place
an aluminum-foil lined baking sheet
underneath to catch any drippings.
- Soak the Alder wraps in water for 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill or oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat and quickly golden the carrots.
- Divide carrots equally between the wraps, top with cod fillet, sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of oil, chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
- Fold edges of the wrap and secure with twine.
- Place the wraps on the grill or in the oven. Cook for 12-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- In the frying pan with the leftover carrot oil, roast the breadcrumbs, stirring often until golden brown and crisp. Set aside.
- Serve the cod topped with breadcrumbs and with lemon wedges on the side.