Mildly spicy and sweet with a deep undertone of earthy espresso – this American Jerk spice rub is so delicious on steak. Paired with the creamy sweetness of goat cheese and pear, this salad is a combo you’ll come back to again and again.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. Sirloin Steak
- 3 Tbsp. American Jerk Spice Rub
- Spring Mix
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese, crumbled
- 1 Pear, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Walnuts, roughly chopped
- Salad Dressing of Choice
- fresh Ground Pepper
To step this salad up another notch, you could add some planked candied walnuts!
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Let steak come to room temperature for 30 minutes, then rub both sides liberally with the American Jerk Spice Rub.
- Cook over direct heat until your desired level of doneness, then let the steak rest for 10 minutes while you prepare the rest of your salad.
- Mix the greens with the salad dressing, and top with the goat cheese, pear, walnuts, ground pepper.
- Top with thinly sliced steak.