Bacon wrapped meatballs wrapped in bacon and smothered in beer cheese sauce. Add the sweet smoky flavors of hickory and you’ve got yourself a winner!
Total Time: 1 hour
- Hickory Grilling Plank
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Red Pepper flakes to taste
- 4 strips Bacon
For the Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ can Light Beer
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
EAT MORE BEEF!
- Soak plank in warm water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 350˚F.
- Mix ground beef with, salt, pepper, panko, and red pepper flakes. Form 4 big meatballs or 8 smaller meatballs.
- Wrap meatballs in bacon.
- Place on plank, flattening slightly and bake in oven or grill for 30-40 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the beer cheese sauce.
- Melt butter in pan and add beer, bring to a boil. Add heavy cream and once it’s back up to a simmer, add cheese slowly, whisking constantly.
- Thicken sauce and pour over meatballs!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.