This Cedar-wrapped twist on Mexican street corn comes together quickly and can be served with garnishes on the side so everyone can customize their own cob.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 Cedar Grilling Wraps
- 4 Ears of Corn, shucked
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- ½ cup Mexican Crema or Sour Cream
- ½ cup Cojita cheese (or Parmesan)
- Salt and Pepper
This corn can also be cooked on the grill – 10-15 minutes on a 400° grill will do the trick!
- Soak the wraps in warm water for at least 5 minutes.
- Mix oil with cumin and lime juice. Brush the corn cobs with the oil mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roll the corn in cedar wraps and tie. Place on a baking sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes.
- When corn is done, remove from the wraps, brush with crema and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place the corn under the broiler for a few minutes to lightly brown the cheese.
- Serve with a variety of toppings including chopped fresh cilantro, crushed chili peppers, sliced serrano peppers, thinly sliced radishes, guacamole, herbed butter, and lime wedges on the side.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.