Burgers are a classic recipe in most American kitchens – especially during the grilling months. This Cedar planked Buffalo-style burger recipe puts a twist on a regular recipe to make it come to life.
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 5×11″ Cedar Planks
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Sweet Onion, cut into thick slices
- 1/4 cup Hot Wing Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- 4 Kaiser Rolls
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
- Tomato, sliced
- Celery Sticks
Did You Know?
Cedar grilling planks can be
used for more than the
traditional Cedar planked
salmon recipe. The spicy
and fragrant smoke also
pairs wonderfully with pork
chops, chicken, soft cheeses
with a rind, mushrooms,
tofu and vegetables.
- Soak Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat the grill to 400°F
- Gently form beef into 4 half-pound patties. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place burger patties and sliced onion on soaked plank.
- Place the loaded plank on grill and close the lid.
- Have a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Mix hot wing sauce and melted butter. Set aside.
- Once the burger is cooked to your preferred temperature, remove from grill.
- Briefly grill the Kaiser rolls to heat.
- Build your burger, drizzle with the hot wing butter and top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with celery sticks and enjoy!