A twist on the classic picatta, this delicious pasta dish is bursting with flavor.
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 5″ x 11″ Cedar Planks
- 2 Cod Fllets (about ⅔-1lb total)
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 stick Butter + 1 Tablespoon
- 2 Shallots, thinly sliced (reserve 1 tsp. for cod)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 Lemon, juiced (reserve 2 slices for cod)
- 1 Tbsp. Capers + 1 teaspoon for cod
- 2 Tbsp. Parsley + ½ teaspoon for cod
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 oz (1/4 lb) Linguine Pasta
- 1 Baguette
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
We used Cod in this recipe, but you could substitute Mahi Mahi, Striped Bass, or Haddock.
- Soak the planks in water for 15 minutes. Preheat grill to 400°F or oven to broil.
- Brush one of the planks with oil. Wash and pat dry the cod fillets. Place on the plank and top with 1 tbsp. butter, 1 tsp. shallots, 1 tsp. capers, 1/2 tsp. parsley and 2 slices of lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil for about 10 minutes until it flakes easily with a fork, but still looks a bit translucent in the center. Cooking time is usually about 10 minutes per inch of fillet thickness so adjust accordingly.
- Place the cherry tomatoes on the other plank, drizzle with oil, season with salt and pepper. Grill or broil for about 10 minutes, until they are tender and beginning to burst.
- Make linguine according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- In saucepan, saute garlic and shallots in remaining butter until transparent, then add lemon juice and capers with juice. Add parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make garlic bread: slice baguette in half lengthwise, place it on a baking sheet and brush with the butter mixture. Make shallow cross cuts every 1 in, bake at 375°F until golden, 10–15 minutes.
- Plate pasta, top with cod and cherry tomatoes, drizzle with extra sauce, serve hot with garlic bread on the side.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.