Fresh Halibut cheeks are only available for a short time, but they are more than worth the wait. They’re pretty delicate, so plank grilling them is a great way to protect them from falling apart or overcooking.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Cedar Grilling Planks
- 8 Halibut Cheeks
- 2 Tbsp. Tarragon Leaves
- 2 Leeks, white parts only
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Salt and Pepper
Place the halibut under the other ingredients to help maintain even cooking.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 425°F and soak the grilling planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the halibut, thinly sliced leeks, lemon slices, tarragon and oil in a mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Set the halibut on the planks and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the planks on the grill or oven and close the lid or door.
- Cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until you reach an internal temp of 125°F, remove from the heat.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.