Smoked and chilled vegetables make a great appetizer or side dish, and Medjool dates add a touch of sweetness!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 6 as an appetizer
- 1 5″x11″ Cedar Grilling Plank
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 heads of Garlic, broken apart and cloves peeled
- 15 Crimini Mushrooms
- 15 Medjool Dates, pitted
- Bamboo Ring Skewers
- Herbs for garnish
We used Crimini mushrooms here, but you can substitute your favorite mushroom variety.
- Soak plank in hot water for 15 minutes. Preheat the grill to 450°F.
- Toss garlic, mushrooms and dates in olive oil. Place on soaked plank.
- Set plank on the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, alternately thread mushrooms, dates and garlic cloves onto skewers.
- Serve chilled and garnish with herbs.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.