The aromatic Cedar flavor in this recipe goes great with the sharpness of Apple Cider vinegar. Use bone-in pork chops if available.
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 2 Pork Chops, bone in
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1¼ cup Apple Cider (of which one cup for soaking)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- Fresh Sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Apple, sliced
Make the glaze in advance, if it’s cool you will be able to brush more onto the chops and get a more distinct flavor.
- Soak Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Bring vinegar, cider, honey, butter, and olive oil to a simmer in a small sauce pan. Reduce by half.
- Brush reduced sauce on pork chops, then salt and pepper to taste. Add sliced apple and sage on chops.
- Place loaded plank on grill and close the lid.
- Grill planked pork until thoroughly cooked and the skin is crispy. (Internal temperature of 160°F)
- Have spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve and enjoy!