We took some classic flavors and applied a heavy herb crust to some wild sockeye salmon. The combination of aromatic cedar and fresh vegetables makes this a great healthier option.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 5 x 11” Cedar Plank
- 2 lbs. Salmon
- 3 Tbps. Red onion, diced fine
- 3 Tbps. Dill, chopped
- 1 Tbps. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbps. Black Pepper
- 2 oz. Green Beans
- 2 oz. Carrot, sticks
- 12 Asparagus Spears
We like to use freeze dried herbs for this recipe because they adhere to the salmon and create a nice crust.
1. Soak the plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes and preheat the grill to 450°F.
2. Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap. Combine the onion, dill, salt and pepper, spread evenly on the plastic.
3. Set the salmon, skin side up, on the seasonings.
4. Pull the plastic around the fish and press to set the mixture.
5. Toss the vegetables in a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Lay the vegetables lengthwise on the plank and set the salmon on top.
6. Grill for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Divide into 4 equal portions.
8. Serve and enjoy!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.