Cedar planked salmon has been done many ways — whether it’s with brown sugar, fruit salsa or lemon and dill. Either way, when you use smoke (nature’s original seasoning, as we like to call it), you don’t need lots of spices or sauces. That’s why we kept this recipe very simple — just some fresh herbs, salt & pepper and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Plank (make sure to get a large one that will fit a full fillet of salmon)
- 1 1/2 lbs. Salmon
- 2 Tbsp. Italian Parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Chives, fresh and chopped
- 1 Lemon, sliced
- Salt & Pepper (coarse)
For a beautiful presentation,
add some long stems of fresh
herbs as decoration when
serving to your guests.
- Soak the Cedar plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven or grill to 400°F.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and add herbs and lemon slices.
- Add plank to grill or oven and close lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until desired doneness.
- When done, remove from grill or oven and serve immediately with lemon.