Szechuan pepper can give an unusual tingling feeling on the tongue and is fantastic with both Cedar and Garlic.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- Cedar Grilling Planks
- 2 lb Shrimp (we used headless shell on shrimp)
- 1 Tbsp Szechuan peppercorns, ground
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- ½ Tbsp Coarse Salt
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
For the Aioli
- 3 Eggs, separated
- 1 Cup mild Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup Green Onion, sliced
You can use any kind of shrimp for this recipe, we used red shrimp because they look and taste amazing.
- Preheat a grill or oven to 425°F, soak the planks in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Place the shrimp in a mixing bowl with the peppercorns, garlic, salt, and oil. Toss to combine.
- Lay the shrimp on the grilling planks and set on the grill or in the oven. Close the lid or door for 10-15 minutes.
- While the shrimp cooks make the aioli (aioli can also be made in advance).
- Place the egg yolks in a food processor. With the machine running slowly add the oil in a steady trickle until it’s all gone. The mixture will have a mayonnaise consistency. Add the lemon juice and green onion, continue to run the machine until well incorporated.
- Take the shrimp off the heat and serve immediately with the aioli.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.