Traditional Filipino Adobo is as much a cooking technique as it is a style. We mimicked the flavors by marinating our chicken in the adobo ingredients before grilling. This is a great recipe for camping, as if cooks quickly over an open fire, but it can be done just as easily on your regular barbecue at home.
Total Time: 1 hour
- 8 Cedar Skewers
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1 Fresh Chili, diced fine
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp. Peppercorns, whole
Marinate the meat overnight for extra flavor and tenderness.
- Soak the skewers in warm water for several minutes and pre-heat the grill to 500°F. We cooked on an open fire with a grill grate for this recipe.
- Cut the chicken into strips and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, chili, bay leaves and peppercorns to the chicken, mix well to combine.
- Marinate the chicken for at least 45 minutes.
- Thread the chicken onto the Cedar skewers.
- Set the skewers on the grill grates and cook for 3 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.