This gem of the sea is getting all dressed up in a sweet and spicy little number with a cherry fire glaze. We are going to the next level with some cedar smoke and then add a little zip with some juicy grilled lime action. Talk about dressed to impress…..
When choosing salmon make sure that the fish is firm, free from fissures and holes, and that it has a smooth shiny appearance.
- Soak grilling plank in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Make glaze by combining soda, ketchup, and seasonings in a pot. Bring to boil and reduce to simmer until glaze becomes nice and thick.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Let planks get a slight char and add salmon skin side down. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place limes cut side down on the grill and cook until charred.
- Heat glaze on grill and whisk in nectar fire tonic. Brush Salmon with glaze and cook with lid closed 10-12 minutes reapplying glaze 1-2 more times.
- Serve with grilled lime squeeze. Enjoy!!!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.