These Cherry planked Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts are the perfect snack. The nuts are packed with protein, and the sweet and spicy seasoning will satisfy your sweet tooth. Grilling the mixed nuts on a Cherry plank add an additional smoky, sweet flavor, as well as warming them up.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 5 x 11” Cherry Plank
- 2 cups Unsalted Roasted Mixed Nuts
- 1 Tbs. Melted Butter
- 2 Tbs. Honey
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
The nuts on the edges will
cook faster, so keep an eye
on them and gently move
the nuts around to ensure
- Soak Cherry Plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- In a small bowl mix butter, honey, salt, chili powder and cayenne pepper.
- Toss nuts with spiced honey mixture.
- Place wet plank on grill, close lid and heat for 5 minutes. The plank will start to cup.
- Flip plank over and carefully add mixed nuts.
- Close lid and grill for 20 minutes.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy for flare-ups.
- Serve warm.