- 1 handful Mesquite Smoking Chips
- 1 lb. assortment of Cornichons, Asparagus, Peppadew Peppers, Olives, and Garlic Cloves
- Bamboo Ring Skewers
- Set up a cold smoker if you have one available. I used a smoking tube (a smoking box would also work) and a gas grill to trap the smoke.
- If using a cold smoker, place all of the ingredients on a perforated pan and place in the smoker for 2 hours at the lowest temperature.
- If using a grill, add the chips to the smoking tube or box. Place on the grill and turn up the heat until the chips begin to smoke, then turn off the heat. Spread out the vegetables on a perforated pan and place on top of a large tray full of ice. Add the pan to the grill and smoke for 2 hours with the lid closed. Add more smoking chips and drain the ice as necessary.
- Serve the smoked pickles chilled on skewers.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.