These grilled chicken heart skewers are a quick and easy treat to cook on the grill. These can be served as game day appetizers or paired with brown rice and vegetables as a main dish.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6 as an appetizer
Fire Roasted Chicken Heart Skewers
- 6 Cedar Skewers
- 1 lb. Chicken Hearts
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Pepper
Sesame Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Sesame Oil
Chicken hearts taste extremely similar to dove breasts and are an inexpensive substitute to use for any dove recipe. For more flavorful chicken hearts you can marinate them in Italian dressing before grilling for two hours.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Divide the sauce in half, one portion will be saved for dipping and the other will be brushed onto the chicken as it is grilling.
- Rinse and dry the chicken hearts then place in a bowl and toss with the peanut oil, salt and pepper.
- Insert the seasoned chicken hearts onto the Cedar skewers
- Prepare your grill for grilling over direct high heat. Add a few chunks of cherry wood for smoked flavor.
- Place the chicken skewers on the grill and cook for eight minutes over direct high heat. Turn the skewers every two minutes for even cooking and to prevent burning.
- During the final two minutes of grilling brush the chicken with the dipping sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and serve with the reserved sauce as a handheld appetizer or with rice and vegetables as a main course.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.