This recipe hits all the flavor points you could ever want: salty, sweet, juicy, crispy, and a little bit smoky. The honey caramelized on the crispy chicken skin is pure perfection. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 Cherry grilling planks
- 8 small Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Let the chicken cook for a while before adding glaze. Letting the chicken get to about 100˚F before adding the glaze ensures the perfectly crispy chicken skin without burning the glaze.
- Soak planks for up to 1 hour prior to use.
- Preheat grill to 450˚F.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and place on planks, leaving some space in between.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, mustard, and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Place planks on grill. Cook chicken for 15-20 minutes or until chicken thighs reach an internal temp of 100˚F.
- Brush chicken thighs with ⅔ of honey mustard glaze and continue to cook. Brush with remaining glaze a few minutes later.
- Continue cooking about 10 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160˚F.
- Let rest 10 minutes. Internal temperature will reach 165˚F while chicken rests. Enjoy!
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.