- Hickory Grilling Plank
- 2 cups of Instant Grits
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 12 oz. sliced Mushrooms
- ¼ cup roasted Red Peppers, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt and Pepper
- Soak the grilling plank in hot water for at least 15 minutes.
- Prepare instant grits according to package directions.
- When grits are creamy and smooth, blend in the parmesan cheese.
- Pour the grits into a shallow baking dish and place in the refrigerator until cooled and hardened, at least one hour.
- Preheat the grill or oven to 400°F.
- Sauté the mushrooms and roasted peppers in butter over medium heat until tender, approximately 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Use a biscuit cutter or a glass to cut rounds from the chilled cheese grits.
- Place the cheese grits on the plank and top each grit cake with the sautéed mushrooms and peppers.
- Set the plank on the grill and cook with the lid closed until they are warmed through, approximately 15-20 minutes.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.