Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 as an appetizer
- Hickory Grilling Plank
- 12 medium to large Oysters, fresh and shucked
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ cup White Onion, diced fine
- 1 Tbsp Adobo Sauce from Canned Chipotle
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 Lime, zested
These pair great with a shot of silver tequila or a hibiscus margarita.
- Soak hickory plank per instructions in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium/high heat.
- Dice onion and combine with red wine vinegar. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes and then strain well, reserving vinegar and tossing onions. Mix vinegar with adobo sauce and set aside.
- Shuck oysters, being careful and not spilling any of the brine out of the shells.
- Place shucked oysters on Hickory plank and spoon vinegar/adobo sauce onto the oysters, don’t overfill.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and place plank on preheated grill. Grill for 10-15 minutes or until oysters firm up and sauce is bubbling.
- Remove and finish with fresh lime zest. Serve on a bed of coarse salt and garnish with fresh herbs.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.