We believe that in the vegetable world nothing speaks to the holiday season more than Root Vegetables, especially if they are paired with the flavors of Cedar and Honey
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 10 Cedar skewers
- 2 large Carrots
- 2 Rutabegas
- 4 Turnips
- 2 Parsnips
- 1 tbs. Kosher Salt
- For the glaze
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup sugar
Adding salt to the water before cooking the vegetables adds a whole new level of seasoning. Be careful when grilling the skewers as the sugar in the honey will caramelize quickly. Let the exposed part of the skewers sit over indirect heat to prevent them from burning.
1. Soak skewers in water for several minutes and preheat the grill to 400°F. Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
2. In a small saucepan add the honey, water and sugar, bring to a rapid boil for 2 minutes and set aside.
3 Peel the root vegetables and cut into large even sized pieces, about 2” squared.
4. Drop the vegetables into the boiling water and cook until tender, about 10 minutes, remove and cool.
5. Carefully skewer the vegetable pieces onto the cedar, brush with the glaze and grill for 2 minutes per side to caramelize.. Baste the vegetables while they grill.
6. Serve hot on the skewers and enjoy!