Juicy meatballs that are perfect for any occasion. The hickory plank gives these a nice subtle smoky flavor. I highly recommend giving these meatballs a try!
Total Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 as a side
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ⅓ C Bread Crumbs
- ¼ C Beer
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Honey Mustard Glaze
- ½ C Yellow Mustard
- ½ C Honey
To create a two-zone fire, position coals on one side of the grill for direct, high-heat cooking and searing and leave the other side empty. You can use the side without coals for lower-temperature cooking and as a safe zone for flare-ups.
- Soak planks in hot water for 15 minutes to an hour
- Set up grill for 2-zone cooking
- Mix all ingredients in meatball mixture in a large mixing bowl
- Form golf ball sized meatballs, packing them together firmly with your hands
- Place meatballs on plank and dust with your favorite barbecue rub
- Place plank on grill over indirect heat for about 20 minutes
- While the meatballs are cooking, whisk together the honey and mustard for the glaze
- Once internal temperature reaches 150F, move over direct heat and start glazing with honey mustard sauce
- I have found that 3 coats of the glaze is the sweet spot.
- Remove meatballs from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 165F
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.