Adding spices and smoke to a precooked ham means it doesn’t take so long to cook.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Honey Smoked Ham
- Precooked Ham
- Yellow Mustard
- Barbecue Rub
- Hickory Chunks
- Wild Cherry Chips
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ¼ Diced Onion
- 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- ¼ C Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ C Honey
- 1/3 C Spicy Brown Mustard
- Zest and Juice from one Clementine
Don’t skimp on the barbecue rub.
- Set up smoker for indirect cooking at 250F with light Hickory and Cherry Smoke.
- Score outside of ham with diamond shape pattern.
- Apply coat of regular yellow mustard to outside of ham.
- Coat ham with barbecue rub.
- When exhaust vent of smoker is producing a light blue smoke, add ham to smoker.
- To make the glaze, add onions and oil to a sauce pan over medium heat – sauté until onions are translucent ~10 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, brown sugar, honey, mustard, zest and clementine juice and bring to a simmer ~20 minutes. Make sure to stir to prevent burning.
- Precooked hams only have to be warmed up. So, when the internal temperature is 20 degrees (Fahrenheit) lower than the finished temperature on the package, glaze the ham. Glaze multiple times if desired.
*Keep a spray bottle of water handy in case of flare-ups.